Six Exclusive 2020 Tauck Departures Featuring the Luxury Train;
Three Nights Aboard the Golden Eagle Danube Express Train.
The new-for-2020 Tauck itinerary, “A Grand Rail Adventure: Vienna, The Alps & Milan,” combines the timeless romance of travel by luxury train with the spectacular landscapes, rich culture, and historic cities and towns of Central Europe’s Alps.
- 8-day, 4-country itinerary highlights include
- a three-night rail journey aboard the Golden Eagle Danube Express train, bookended by
- 2-night hotel stay in Vienna and
- 2-night hotel stay in Milan.
(Select departures operate in the reverse direction, from Milan to Vienna.)
ITINERARY FEATURES (Westbound):
- 2 nights at the Hotel Bristol in Vienna, where you’ll enjoy city sightseeing including visits to Belvedere Palace, the Hofburg and St. Stephen’s Cathedral. A private, after-hours tour of Schönbrunn Palace is on-tap for that evening, followed by dinner inside the palace at the Café Residenz.
- The following day, sip sparkling wine while attending a private concert in a historic Viennese venue, then
- Board the Golden Eagle Danube Express for the first of three overnights on the train.
- Travel west toward Austria’s Semmering Pass,
- Pass through incredible mountain landscapes before arriving at the Tyrolean village of Jenbach; board a local steam-powered train for an excursion to scenic Lake Achen.
- After a boat cruise on the lake, reboard the Danube Express and continue on to Innsbruck where a walking tour of the city’s historic district awaits.
- The next day, the Danube Express traverses Austria’s picturesque Vorarlberg province, crosses into Liechtenstein, and continues on to Zurich.
- Explore the city’s old town on a walking tour and visit the Kunsthaus Museum of Art.
- After a final overnight on the train, and after crossing the rugged Gotthard Pass into Italy, arrive in the beautiful lakeside town of Como.
- In Como, enjoy a walking tour and an organ concert in the city’s 14th-century marble cathedral, before reboarding the Danube Express, traveling to Milan, and disembarking a final time.
- 2-night stay in Milan at the Excelsior Hotel Gallia.
- Visit the Duomo and a 19th-century shopping arcade, the Galleria Vittorio Emmanuelle II, during a walking tour, and have time to explore the city’s bohemian Brera District on your own.
- Visit a cascina, or working farm, outside of the city; learn about sustainable farming and participate in a hands-on cooking lesson highlighting authentic regional cuisine.
- After a farewell reception in the hotel, travel to a nearby restaurant for their farewell dinner with local entertainment.
LIFE ABOARD THE DANUBE EXPRESS with TAUCK
All guests – a maximum of 58 - aboard the train will be part of this exceptional Tauck journey.
Accommodations on the train are a choice of either Superior Deluxe or Deluxe cabins. Superior Deluxe accommodations feature 93 square-feet of living space, with two full-size picture windows and a full-length sofa that converts to a UK-standard king size bed. Deluxe cabins (83 square-feet) have two armchairs for daytime seating that convert into two comfortable beds.
Both cabin classes feature private, en-suite bathrooms with shower, sink and toilet, individually-controlled air conditioning, Wi-Fi access, safe, generous storage space, and dimmer-equipped lighting.
The train also features a Bar Lounge Car with nightly performances by a pianist, two restaurant cars that can accommodate all guests in a single seating, and an attendant assigned to every car who reconfigures each cabin from its daytime set-up to nighttime use while guests are enjoying dinner.
Guests are accompanied throughout the journey by two professional Tauck Director guides.
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
All six exclusive Tauck departures of this “Grand Rail Adventure” operate during September, 2020.
Pricing is from $11,790 USD / $15,290 CAD per person, double occupancy, plus airfare.
Included in the price are the two-night hotel stays in Vienna and Milan, the three-night train journey aboard the Danube Express, all sightseeing and excursions, most meals and gratuities, all ground transportation (including airport transfers), luggage handling, special events and receptions, and much more.