If you've been captivated by the transformative journey portrayed in the novel and movie 'Under the Tuscan Sun', you won't want to miss this new Tauck event.
This 6-day trip has only one departure: October 14-19, 2019
You'll enjoy an exclusive presentation by, and a meet-and-greet opportunity with Frances Mayes, the author of the best-selling book “Under the Tuscan Sun” (later made into a popular Hollywood film of the same name) who will share local insights and mingle with Tauck guests during an exclusive evening in Tuscany.
Besides the private evening with Frances Mayes, you'll also become immersed into Tuscan culture and lifestyle:
- Stay at the hilltop Toscana Resort Castelfalfi spa hotel surrounded by 2,700 acres of vineyards and olive groves, set in a small village that grew up around a medieval castle;
- a gala welcome evening in a medieval castle;
- a lecture by a local art historian;
- explorations of Volterra, Siena and San Gimignano;
- a tour and rustic Italian lunch at Villa Le Corti, a 14th-century wine and olive oil estate in Chianti, personally hosted by its owners, the Corsini family. One of the oldest families in Florence, the Corsini line includes Pope Clement XII who was born Lorenzo Corsini in 1652;
- wine and olive oil tastings at Tenuta di Castelfalfi;
- a cooking class;
- a private talk on Siena’s famed il Palio horse race, and
- a farewell dinner in a museum devoted to the iconic Italian motor scooter, the Vespa.
Price and Inclusions:
From $5,190 USD/ $6,340 CAD per person, double occupancy, plus airfare
- Airport and train transfers upon arrival and departure
- 12 meals (5 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 5 dinners);
- Tauck concierge staff throughout;
- Gratuities to Tauck Directors, drivers, resort staff and local guides;
- Admission fees;
- Taxes and porterage.
CONTACT US TODAY FOR THE FULL ITINERARY TO LIVE YOUR OWN 'UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN' FANTASY
Don't wait to book your place in this single departure in 2019!
** ASK US ABOUT EXTENDING YOUR TAUCK EVENT STAY IN TUSCANY
About Tauck Events
Tauck Events represent the latest in the evolution of guided travel. Where a typical guided tour visits multiple cities or towns, Tauck Events are in-depth explorations of a single destination or a central theme. And where most tours are offered with multiple departure dates over several months each year, Tauck operates each event just once every-other year on average. By operating events so infrequently, Tauck can include once-in-a-lifetime experiences they’d never be able to build into an itinerary with multiple departures each season (for instance, a private jazz performance in Preservation Hall, or lectures by authorities like Ken Burns and Frances Mayes).
Tauck Events also combine the benefits of small group travel with the advantage of being in a larger group. At each Tauck Event attendees divide into small groups for daily sightseeing “tracks,” with each track focusing on a different theme. Groups will experience different tracks on different days of the event (providing each group with the same overall itinerary), and all attendees will reassemble for special gala evenings. Prices for all Tauck Events include accommodations, all gratuities, all sightseeing and admission to all attractions, gala evening entertainment, airport transfers, luggage handling, and much more.